THE SWACQ PACK V.2
THE DEBUT SWACQ TUTORIAL: At last, SWACQ delivers a house music masterclass.
The challenge: demonstrate creativity by producing a track (Intro, break, buildup, drop) with a very small bundle of sounds.
The response: challenge accepted.
A little goes a long way, is the takeaway from this tutorial. SWACQ shows us that it’s possible for anyone to make music on his level, with very accessible tools. This is a remarkably inspiring watch for any producer, novice or professional.
“You don’t need much to achieve something” - SWACQ
SWACQ records a voice memo in his phone, brings it into logic, takes a string loop and chops it up to replicate the melody he recorded into his phone. Using this as the foundation, he builds the track around it showing us many of his favourite tips and techniques for laying down ideas fast and inspiring creativity. The take away from this masterclass is that with any modern DAW software such as Logic, you can lean on the ability to manipulate sounds that you already have or even record straight from your voice into your phone for endless possibilities.
1) Tutorial: An inspiring 7 chapter course beautifully shot and recorded 1080P. Watch SWACQ go through the motions of creating a track from the ground up, spilling his secrets and empowering the viewer with production techniques that have earned him the attention of the industries top DJ’s producers, labels, and curators.
“Just want to show you guys how easy it is… With just a small amount of samples, a small amount of synthesisers and actually just your voice, you can come to a really cool idea and you can create something which is already sounding good enough” - SWACQ
Total run time: 1 hour 44 minutes 53 seconds
2) Logic channel strips: for easily cycling through the sounds used in this pack.
3) Presets: If you do not have Logic or preferred to access your sound a different way, the presets for the same sounds in the Logic channel strips have been archived for you here as presets for their respective synths (Serum, Sylenth, Massive, ES2)
4) Logic Pro X Project file: Of course we had to hand over the goods… The project file form where SWACQ left off in the tutorial. Whether you’re following along with the tutorial, dissecting layers, creating a template for future projects, or pulling apart the FX racks, this is a gold mine for any Logic user.
One cymbal crash and all strings are not included. They can be obtained in the Apple Loops browser (free with logic) or the ESX 24 stock library. See note below*
5) BONUS Samples: as used in the tutorial with the exclusion of the two samples below which may be obtained freely with Logic.
*Names of free Apple loop samples used:
- Trading Places Riser Crash FX
- Against Time Staccato Strings